Friday, July 20, 2012

Al Ain Palace Museum: Sheikh Zayed Palace Museum




               
                I never imagined before that someday I can set a foot on a palace, not until I discovered the former Sheikh's(President) Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Palace which is now a museum, the Sheikh Zayed Palace Museum also known as Al Ain Palace Museum in the Municipality of Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, UAE.

               Want some travel ideas for all inclusive holiday?

              This Palace was built in 1937 and serves as the residence of the Sheikh from 1937 to 1966. Then it was preserved and opened to the public as a museum in 2001.They said that the museum was the comprehensive reflection of the country's culture before the discovery and of the oil industry.



                           
A portrait of  Sheik Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan 
            


                  The Palace museum consists buildings and rooms that is well preserved to showcase the simplicity but very elegant way living of the Sheikh. One of the rooms that I personally like is were the Al Nahya family tree is displayed together with some of the family member's portraits.









                 Some of the rooms inside the Palace.

This is the Sitting room(Living room) for Ladies.

Children Bedroom



Kitchen

Kitchen
Sitting Room for Men

And of course, the Sheikh's Bedroom.
                  One of the building inside the Palace is called Majlis or a Meeting room, it has 2 floors where the Sheikh accommodates his visitors from different nations. 






                  
                     Why do i like this museum? 
                     1. Unlike any other museum, anyone who visits here can take photos freely.
                     2. Very Interactive. Visitors can explore every room in the museum. 
                     3. FREE Entrance Fee and FREE Tour Guide if you wish to have one.
                    

                     The museum schedule: Saturday- Thursday: 8:30 am- 7:30 pm
                                                                        Friday:  3:00 pm - 7:30 pm
                                                                        Monday: Closed

                   More Photos:

















21 comments:

  1. kevin! hangganda! cge, jan ka nlng mag travel tapos i-share mu samen. para parang nakarating na din kame jan! hehe ingat palage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place is so huge. It was nice seeing the place through your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! It's a glimpse of the UAE before all the petrodollars. :) Though it's still posh cuz it was a palace. I'm more curious about how ordinary people lived then when the UAE was just a British protectorate or even before that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos. They remind me of my favorite movie when I was a kid, Aladdin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos! I love the architectural design of the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really admire the country's cleanliness. Great museum as well. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best thing in life indeed is FREE :) Shoot and play all you can inside the museum plus free tour guide?! Perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting... though, I don't think I'd go here. I'd go to their malls, instead. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. the museum is so grand and place area is very huge. this is very interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice place... i love the varying texture that all seem to work as one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very familiar buildings and structures. Almost the same here in Riyadh...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a one interesting and nice palace. I hope one day a pinoyadventurer like me can able to visit that palace. It's good to know that you can able to take photos of the palace interior. The palace I visited in Jaipur, India they only allow photographs outside and when you enter the palace you are not allowed to take any photos of the interior even the photos.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a majestic place it is and oh, I like the guard in gown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. indeed a lot of incredible all around the world like this one that every one should see! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. For half a year I lived in Al Ain but never visited this museum. Prolly coz I felt like I could go there anytime. Haha. Hopefully when we revisit, I could see it na.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, lagi din ako tinatamad pumunta dito, kaya lang no choice eh, nakakainip na sa bahay, walking distance lang naman kasi dito ako sa likod nang oasis hospital nakatira :)

      Delete
  16. First, thanks for sharing those pictures that you took. Second, I do support museums that allow photography (with some exceptions) for personal use.

    I just don't get it why other museums can do what this museum does, sharing.

    If given a chance to work abroad, I'll put this on top of my list.

    BTW, do they have a website or a facebook page to check at?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems that it's not in the desert. Your photos are cool. I want to visit the Ferari World in Abu Dhabi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love you kevin travel boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Abu Dhabi is really a heaven for tourist all over the world. There are so many places to go to and so many events to see.

    Saadiyat Island Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete